There is always someone you can talk to.. a PC perhaps?

Thursday, April 3, 2008

UNFORGETTABLE Psyche ward

DID NOT EXPECT THIS:


neeehh, just miss the good times in Cebu! Really. The psyche internship was a blast!! Weeks of laughter and kajologan in a place away from home. With all the funny and crazy experiences we had, who wouldn't miss it? Getting out of bed 4 in the morning, hospital duties at 5:30, the never ending requirements, sosyal rooms and flippin delicious food.,. yep! CRAZY., you got that right., but hey, guess what, everytime i look back, i miss every detail even more. .... and my roomates.., they were simply amazing! I couldn't have any better roomates than Lex, Jan, Kimi and steph.., they were like my sisters away from home and having them around me just feels a lot more homey.


Oh and who wouldn't forget, my Psyche patients.. yeah., theyr really buang., (literally) .,sure they throw slippers n ur face, hit u at the back, pour food on ur freakin CHN uniform or get paranoid about your presence, but caring for them and trying to understand and accept their behaviors have helped me realize that these people may get pretty weird at times but they're still humans too! People who deserve to be cared for, to be attended to, and to be loved! They were a living proof that those words written in books really are true!


The first day i got to meet my client, i wwas totally terrified! I was like, " I wanna go home!" She was shouting and pointing fingers at me and I havent even done anythin yet! She accused me of being someone who stole her flocks and hit her with a gun and a silencer n the head., somethin like that., I was


STUNNED.


SPEECHLESS.


TEARY EYED.


.. like a kid who dropped her piece of ice cream at the park..., and all i could do was just stand there. stay quiet, wait til her hallucination episode subsides.., and hold back the tears that were ready to dis embark from their tanks.. I was on my own, and I thought to myself, "this cant be happening to me, I cant give up now? Bohol's pretty far away., i have to try agen.!" And so i did try again., and the same thing happened, this time., I cried ( not in front of my client but somewhere around the grounds).., we have this goal for the entire exposure and i really felt like a loser who cant even gain the trust of a Crazy person., it was really depressing., especially when those goals and objectives keep flashing in front of you. . ( haler., gikarir baya nko ni akong pagka NUR-ES) Okey. .. so here goes the last try., talked and gathered myself and got back to the cell where my client was sitting. . , nervous as i was, i sat right beside her., (didn't even cared if she stranggles me or hit me again),. just sat there., quiet.., with my head down., and a little miracle happened. . . i don't know., it was sudden for me and surprisingly surprising., my client smiled at me., and greeted me how i was feeling now! I was like, "oh my gosh., after everythin uv done to me, u get all happy give me a grin?! AWESOME!"., that was definitely one heck of a mood swing! but yeah., i was happy anyways., she initiated the conversation and right then and there,. I gained her trust., I learned to love her everyday and little did i know that as days passed, i would miss her when i get to go back home already. .


Last day came and it was time to say goodbye., i bid farewell and it was so touching and very deeply heart warming to hear her say "Thank you Lay".,, no many words said.,, just that. period.. and she walked away., carrying with her the lotion i gave. . i smiled., held back the tears, and went away... .. now, that im here., back home., looking back to the things i've been through, well, all i can say is., it was indeed a once in a lifetime experience.., one crazy ride in a rollercoaster called life. :D CANT WAIT TIL THE NEXT RIDE!
*pic 1: at the pension house during Valentine's day. Ate pizza and some nachos.

No comments: